responsibility of parents

  
  
Responsibility as Parents
======================




Responsibility as Parents

POSTED BY  
/  / 27 COMMENTS

Radhanath SwamiI remember, I was a little boy 6 years old. Once my mother said, “Your father is a good person and everyone likes him, but we might have to get divorced.” I started to cry. I was so confused. ‘How is this?’
My mother told my father that I cried. So they decided they would never divorce. ‘We can’t do this to our children.’ And last May they celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary.
That is integrity, that is compassion. That is what parents are supposed to do. Marriage is responsibility. Responsibility to each other as husband and wife; responsibility for the mental, physical and spiritual well being of the children. Do you know that 92% of juvenile deliquescence in the United States of America is children coming from divorced or broken house parents? This is Federal statistics. 97% of juveniles in prison are coming from broken marriages. But people like to politely protect their own desires and needs by saying, “We will do it smoothly, it won’t disturb the children.”
Why so much conflict within marriage? Because instead of thinking in terms of ‘we’, we are thinking in terms of ‘me’ and ‘mine’ – selfishness, ego.

No comments: